Friday, March 30, 2012

Maple Salmon

I found this recipe while looking for easy salmon recipes which I could use up some of the frozen fish I had. I just tried this today and it is amazing. The taste totally reminds me of my teriyaki salmon, but it uses less ingredients and is a bit easier to prepare.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 pound salmon
Directions
  • In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
  • Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  • Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
My Take


I thought this dish turned out amazing. I was initially worried about sticking maple syrup in the oven, fearing that it would be a nightmare to clean up, but actually it wasn't too bad once you added the soy sauce. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, it tasted a lot like teriyaki, which is a good thing. I ate this with some leftover fried rice from Hy-Vee and it was great. Dylan didn't try any as he's not a big seafood person. I ate it all by myself. >.>

The only thing I changed with the recipe was that I used light maple syrup, as that's the only kind of maple syrup that I use. Also, I think I would have liked to add a little bit more, as it was a bit too "twangy" for my taste. (Did that even make sense to you, loyal reader?)

Well, that's about all I have for now. Right now I'm cooking some Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork in my crock pot. Look for a post on that sometime in the near future. I'm hoping it'll turn out awesome. :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment