Friday, April 20, 2012

Tie-Dye Fruity Cupcakes

This year for Easter, I decided that I wanted to make some kind of dessert, but I didn't want to do something huge and difficult, but I wanted it to look "springy".That's when I came across these cute little cupcakes. They were yummy looking, and they didn't seem too hard to make. I was a little bit curious as to how they would taste.

Ingredients
  • 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
  • 1/4 cup dry lemon Jell-o (about half a package)
  • 1/4 cup dry lime Jell-o
  • 1/4 cup dry strawberry Jell-o
  • 1 container (16 oz) ready to spread vanilla frosting
Directions

  • Prepare cake batter as directed on package; divide evenly into 3 bowls. 
  • Stir different flavor dry gelatin mix into batter in each bowl. Alternately spoon batters into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, adding about 2 Tbsp. of each batter to each cup. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool completely.
  • Frost cupcakes with frosting.

Do you know how hard it is to cut a cupcake
to make it look pretty?


My Take


These turned out even better than I expected. The flavors went really well together, although the lime seemed to overwhelm the other flavors. I put whipped vanilla frosting on top and dyed some coconut flakes green to make it look like grass. Yay for simple decorations!


I will definitely make these again in the future. I'm kind of curious to try other flavors, such as a triple berry with strawberry, rapsberry, and that blue one.  One other variation they say to do is to top the cupcakes with Cool Whip and sprinkle the remaining Jell-o. I'm going to have to try that one sometime as well.

So, lemme know if you try this, or if you try it with other flavors. Feel free to leave a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment