Monday, September 26, 2011

Geek Overload

I'll admit it. I'm a video game addict. But I'm a unique addict. Normally I'll get hooked on a game and that's all I can play for about a month and then *POOF* I fall off the bandwagon. Then, a year or two later, I get the urge to play the game again. This is the big reason why I'm also a video game hoarder.

Currently I'm actually dividing my time between two different games: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Very different games but I like both of them. Oblivion I picked back up in anticipation of the release of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (more on that later). I've beaten the main storyline (which is saying a lot for me) and am currently fighting my way up the ranks in the Fighter's Guild. Force Unleashed I'm playing through 'cause Dylan is trying to make me get rid of some of my games.

So that's what I'm playing. I'll keep you all posted with any changes, but the rest of this post I want to dedicate to me geeking out about all the new releases coming out soon-ish. *Squee!*

First up is the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection which releases tomorrow. I've never played ICO 'cause it's an older game and kinda hard to find. My brother and I had Shadow of the Colossus when we were younger and man was it hard! You're this tiny little human going up against these huuuuuuuge creatures. Kind of intimidating. Both games are getting an HD makeover and it's being released on the PS3. I can't wait to see the Colossi in HD. Here's a trailer so you have some idea of what I'm talking about:



Fast fact: Shadow of the Colossus doesn't have any loading screens. If you've played it, go back and think about it. Pretty amazing when you think about the details of the world and the Colossi.

Game #2 on my radar is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Really this should be my #1 game, but ICO/SotC comes out first so....yeah....anyways, just watch this beautiful trailer:



Speechless, aren't ya? You get to fight dragons! Dragons!!!! And according to game developers, these dragons are just flying around Skyrim doing their own thing. More specifically, they have their own AI system, so even the game developers don't know what the dragons are going to do. In one game play video I saw, a dragon just randomly picked up an NPC (Non-Player Character) and flew off with him.

To say I'm a little excited for this game is an understatement.

Up next is Batman: Arkham City. Just when you thought you defeated all the crazies in Batman Arkham Asylum, they take control of a whole city: Here's proof:



If you played Batman: Arkham Asylum, then you probably know why I'm excited for this title. Even though the only other Batman game I've ever played is the LEGO Batman for the DS, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Arkham Asylum is the best Batman game out there. (Feel free to correct me if you believe I am wrong) The grittiness of it and the details are just fabulous! There's a bit of a twist ending in Arkham Asylum that I'm interested to see how it works out in Arkham City. Plus the villains have me excited as well. The ones that I've heard of so far are Joker, Harley Quinn, the Penguin, the Riddler, and Mr. Freeze (not played by Arnold Schwarzenegger).

Since this is getting a bit on the longish side, I'm just going to post the next two trailers and geek out about them in another post. :)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations



Bioshock: Infinite




So what games are you looking forward to? Tell me all about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment